Tioga Downs Casino Resort re-opened on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 4:00 pm, under new and stringent “We’re a Safe Bet!” program guidelines. The safety guidelines include multiple new initiatives designed to create an environment that helps to keep guests and team members safe. The “We’re a Safe Bet!” program guidelines include:
- All Employees have to pass a COVID-19 antibody test or Covid-19 viral test (administered by a health professional) before returning to work.
- All Employees have received training by the Regional Safety & Risk Officer on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols, with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact.
- Temperature checks for all guests and employees prior to entry. Any guest or employee with a temperature above CDC guidelines of 100.4° F degrees will not be allowed entry.
- COVID screening questions for all guests and employees before entering the property.
- All guests must wear masks or cloth face coverings that meet CDC guidelines, except when seated in a dining area. There will be no other exceptions. Masks will be provided to guests, as needed.
- Constant air purification and disinfecting will occur through our Air Plasma Generator and UV Duct System, which reduces microorganisms and pollutants by 99+% across the facility. Our air filters have been upgraded to MERV-13 in accordance with government guidance.
- Guests and employees will be required to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Hand sanitizer stations, touchless whenever possible, have been placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas throughout the property. Additionally, we will distribute 10,000 personal 3.4 ounce bottles of hand sanitizer gel.
- Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure 6-foot physical distancing.
- Slot machines on the gaming floor will be configured to ensure compliance with 6-foot physical distancing guidelines.
- All resort outlets will comply with the State mandated 25% of the maximum occupancy limits.
- Plexiglass barriers/shields have been installed at all customer service areas, including the Cage windows, Mutuels windows, Simulcast windows, Tioga Rewards® Players Club booth, FanDuel® windows and the Hotel Front Desk.
- Restaurants and bars will implement seating protocols to allow for appropriate 6-foot distancing between seated groups. Food will be served in disposable containers with prepackaged condiments and prepackaged disposable utensils
- Food and Beverages will be strictly prohibited on the gaming floor, in accordance with government guidance.
- We will have “Safety Ambassadors” focused on ensuring compliance with proper social distancing procedures, as well as cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the complex, with special emphasis on high-touch surfaces and common areas. This will be done at least every 4 hours and as much as possible between users.
- Staff will be available to wipe machines if requested and guests will have access to sanitizing wipes for personal cleaning. Additionally, an Electrostatic Disinfection Sprayer will be used across the facility on a daily basis.
- Fifteen (15) INTELLIPURE 950P medical-grade air purification units have been placed throughout the facility, which produce 99.99% aggregate removal of particles down to 0.007 microns.
- Our indoor hotel pool will operate in accordance with the New York Department of Health guidelines issued on June 11, 2020.
- Proper signage will be posted throughout the complex, including electronic signs, to encourage social distancing, health and hygiene, and to help ensure adherence to “We’re a Safe Bet” program guidelines.
- Slots: 356 slots will be open for use at 4pm on Wednesday, 9/9/2020.
- FanDuel® Sportsbook will be open at 25% capacity.
- Table Games will not be open at this time.
- Poker Room will not be open at this time.
- Live Racing and Simulcast will not be open to the public at this time.
- Coaster’s Sports Bar will open beginning at 4pm on Wednesday, 9/9/2020.
- Java G’s will open at beginning 4pm on Wednesday, 9/9/2020.
- P.J. Clarke’s will open beginning at 4pm on Friday, 9/11/2020.
- The County Fair Buffet will not be open at this time.
- Virgil’s Real BBQ will not be open at this time.
- G’s Post Time Pizza will not be open at this time.
- The Hotel at Tioga Downs Casino Resort will open at 4pm on Friday, 9/11/2020.
- Reservations will open at 11am on Wednesday, 9/9/2020.
- The indoor pool will operate in accordance with the New York Department of Health guidelines issued on June 11, 2020.
- The outdoor pool and cabana bar is closed for the season.
- AgeLess SPA will open later in September.